Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mental Margarita from February 6, 2008




Thanks for reading the blog! I really enjoying writing, as those of you who formerly read my monthly organizing tips know. So I'm glad you're reading.

I've noticed an interesting thing as I complete the transition from my professional organizing business to my art photography business. When I was starting Organized for Success, I thought that to appear legitimate, I had to be a "we." As if a one-person business wasn't a real business. So during my 30-second commercials at the Chamber, I would say, "At Organized for Success, we strive to blah, blah, blah," or "Call us today to get organized!" One time after I sat down, my friend leaned over and said, "Do you have a mouse in your pocket?"

I gradually realized I wasn't fooling anyone, and there was nothing wrong with being a one-woman show. With Fotos de Karina, this blog and the Mental Margarita, and even the web site, I have the opportunity to share myself with you. It's just me, taking pictures, ruminating about them and life in general, and you writing back to me, which I love. It's a very different quality. I think having a business background is helpful, but first and foremost I'm an artist, sharing her work/self. And in that kind of business, I get to be an I. And your participation and feedback makes it us.

No comments: