Friday, January 11, 2008

Mental Margarita from January 17, 2008



I am finding myself more attracted to the abstract. Not so abstract that you can't tell what it is, but the kind of pattern-y close-up nature stuff. I started with some snow when up in BC for Christmas. (It's on the "new" page at fotos de karina.) I'm not there yet - I can tell this will be an area of growth for me because I won't get simply reply on nature's obvious beauty. This will require greater artistry on my part and I say I'm up for it! But that's the fun thing about this - I don't have to do it if I end up not being inspired or moved in that particular direction.

On another note, I had my second "assigned" shoot today. My hairdresser wanted close-ups of locks of hair to frame and put on the walls, and I was happy to do it. I'm thinking this will be a service I can offer to everyone once I figure out the logistics (the assigned shoot, not the locks of hair). I'll still shoot within artistic parameters (i.e., no weddings) and will focus on a requested subject or color or mood. So start thinking of what should go on your dining room wall!

No comments: