Monday, April 28, 2008

Mental Margarita for April 28, 2008



More about life in the Northwest. (Is it a sign of getting older that I'm once more revisiting the topic of weather?)

Apparently, this is the coldest spring on record. Snowed again last weekend even (but didn't stick this time). We're not taking it personally, honest! No, seriously, even though this is the coldest place I've ever lived, I seem to have acclimated quickly and naturally. It's a bit of a relief, as I wasn't sure I would. An example of my progress: the other morning when I looked at the outside temperature reading, I surprised myself by thinking, "Oh good, 44, that's not cold."

Who is this woman?

I used to adore Arizona summers, and now I seriously don't think I could take it.

As I write this now, we are enjoying a brightly sunny day, about mid-60s. Glorious. And I'm pretending that I didn't see tomorrow's forecast for rain...

No comments: