Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A passel, a slew, a plethora of new images!

What a difference a few weeks can make. Because I am now working with Grand Image, and they have happily claimed a whole bunch of my images (which I have happily granted), my site was looking a little puny. But just because I want to create doesn't always mean I do. Or more accurately, that things turn out the way I envision.

A couple weeks ago I just granted myself some space to go play. (Always easier said than done, right?) But I did just that, and as a result came up with a mess of images that I really am pleased with. Please check 'em on out my site: karenussery.com/latest.

Some are very similar to images I've created in the past, but their familiarity isn't redundancy to me. I'm still delighted with the simple elegance of succulents, especially.

And as I look at other artists' works, I realize that some people beat a subject to death before they're done with it. I don't know why I ever thought I had "enough" of a particular subject. When you really absorb and soak in an image that moves you, you can't get enough of it. I think part of my growth as an artist is to continue to illuminate and then trash these rules that unconsciously pen me in. Watch out.

No comments: