Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Breath

Continuing the theme of being connected and working with the flow... I asked my fine hubby of 20 years today what he thought I should blog about this week and he said, "Breath."

So OK. Breath. From the beginning of making art (again) since we moved to Mexico and stopped being so damn busy all the time, my work reflected a certain peace. Yes, it was born of slowing down and really seeing what was around me. But after shooting for a while and sharing the images that really captivated me, I articulated a statement about those pieces.

It was this:  My work invites people to stop for a moment and take a deep breath.

That is the effect that art I love has on me, no matter who created it. It stops me in my tracks, and makes me breathe. I hope it does that for you, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the edges of life are where we connect.

Somehow by focusing on the edges of your images I find myself going deeper into the images.

Thanks for sharing.