Friday, November 16, 2007

Mental Margarita from November 16, 2007



Wow, it's been a month since my last post. Shameful. I have an excellent excuse though... I upgraded my computer, my operating system, and my photo processing software. Too much at once, quite frankly. The technical issues were many. But I think I'm over the hump now. And God bless the fine people at Apple. I'm getting great support and training for all these changes.

So I gotta be honest and tell you these aren't my favorite pictures ever but it's good to keep moving things forward and sharing them with you all. And I really haven't been that inspired to take new pictures lately. But I did have an inspiration today. I remember someone telling me about doing The Artist's Way and that the coaching was to write every single day. And so I thought, why not take pictures every day, whether I feel like it or not? Who cares if they're not site worthy? I want to keep learning my new camera, and my new software. No better way to do that than to play with it, right?

So here's to a lot more great shots coming your way, disregardless (as Homer Simpson says) of how much I feel like taking pictures.

I'm sure I won't be sending anything else this month yet, so wishing you (yes, you specifically) a wonderful Thanksgiving. We're going to China Town for a completely traditional meal (well, it's traditional for someone, just not me). And I am grateful for the variety of people and food in our country, and of course for the sheer abundance of it all. I am grateful for my far-flung community. I am grateful that my heart pumps Kool-Aid.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your day. I'm grateful for it.

1 comment:

Raymond Ussery said...

Wow, what a great image!!!!! You are the best