Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mental Margarita from October 16, 2007



Well, it's an overcast, sick day for the Usserys today. Raymond came home with a bug on Friday and still hasn't shaken it. I was so sure I wouldn't get it because I had it a month ago. Alas... It's not too bad for me though, I think since I just had it. I'm calling it "Virus Lite."

Anyway, it's giving me a chance to update you and the site and the Mental Margarita. I'm starting to get into a rhythm here of taking new pics, sending them to Kate to do the watermark (thanks, Kate!), uploading them to the site, writing and sending the MM, etc. Like any new venture, I'm not sure where this one will take me but I'm certainly enjoying the ride thus far. I am drawing on all the great stuff I learned being a Professional Organizer, at Landmark, at the National Speakers Association, at the National Association of Women Business Owners, and so on.

The biggest support for me in all this, is you. So far, I know every single person on my Mental Margarita list. You all represent those communities I just named, plus friends and family. Even though I now live in another town from most of you, I absolutely feel the connection with you, through reaching out to you this way. I love hearing back from individuals. And it's just in the knowing that that network of you is out there, that I am supported. So thank you!

And now the next stage begins - reaching out to those I don't yet know. I'm sure this blog will do that. I hope the Mental Marg will begin to spread. I am committed to keeping the personal tone and touch with this, regardless of how many I don't know. That's what's so amazing about the world now. Some people have suggested that I get on My Space and FaceBook, and yes, that will be next. But again, it is you that this is for. So thank you for appreciating my art and for staying in touch!

No comments: