Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Phoenix in the the Spring (inside joke, not a typo)


I must thank Shirley, Tara, and I think there was one more person for PRESSURING :-) me to go see the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Phoenix Desert Botanical Gardens while in Phoenix. (It runs through the end of May dbg.org)


It was a lovely coming together of my old home and my new home, as I grew up loving the desert, and now I live in the land of Chihuly. His studio was right down the road from my Mom's old place. His glass art is very aquatic, generally, and for me, very evocative of the NW.

I really loved how he got inspired by the desert flora.


This is a pretty good representation of the wicked pure heat that is a Phoenix summer:


My friend Dory and I had a great time at the gardens, and most of the rest of the weekend was spent with the family. It was great to see all the little ones of the youngest generation tearing it up. So glad we could be there. And yes, again, we hit the Barrio Cafe for Mexican food and came home with about 10 pounds of freshly roasted green chiles from Food City. Ahhhh.....

No comments: