Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mental Margarita from August 2007


Just doing a little catch-up here. This is the first Mental Margarita - a treat for your eyes and a break for your brain - that I sent out to a small list.

This succulent was one of the very first images I took after picking up the camera again after almost 20 years...

We had moved to central Mexico, the city of San Miguel de Allende, and I finally had the space and the time to be creative again. It was almost accidental, but I'm grateful for the way everything conspired in my favor.

The house we rented was (unbeknownst to us at the time) just a five minute walk from the Jadin Botanico (Botanical Gardens) where the plant life, especially the cacti and succulents, begged me to take their pictures. I was happy to oblige them! This image is one of my favorite from that time, and you can also see it in color on the site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Sometimes color hides some of the wonder of nature.